Cloud computing is one of the hottest technical topics today, with broad ranging effects across IT. In this course we will start with a deep overview of the AWS platform and then deep dive in to the individual services of the AWS platform. You will explore Compute(EC2), VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Block Storage, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Autoscaling, OpsWorks etc.
What you’ll learn
- Cloud computing concepts (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS).
- Working knowledge on AWS.
- Designing and Deploying scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- DevOps on AWS.
This course is intended for:
- Infrastructure and Software Developers with no prior AWS experience
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Engineer
- Network Engineer
Our experiences have shown us that the following would be helpful, though not mandatory. There are no formal prerequisites as such.
- Linux System Administration training, or previous Linux administration experience
- Software Development experience with Linux System Administration training
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
Laptop/ Desktop with the following minimum configuration or above:
- Latest version of Chrome, Safari, or Firefox
- Download +2 Mbps
- Upload 1 Mbps
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OS X 10.8 or higher
- Linux: Any distribution with latest Firefox browser
Webcam and Microphone are required for audio/video
- Self Discipline and commitment.
- Openness and willingness to learn. Daily practice is a must.
- Hard work is essential. Punctuality is expected.
Having knowledge and familiarity with:
- Basic knowledge of TCP/ IP
- Exposure to Operating System administration
- Familiarity with Vi/ Vim / Emacs Editor
- Basic concepts of cloud computing
- AWS – 10,000 feet overview
- Understanding of typical multitier architectures: web servers (Apache, nginx), caching(memcached), application servers(Tomcat/JBoss), Database Servers(MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle)
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud(EC2)
- Amazon Elastic Load Balancing
- Amazon Auto scaling
- Amazon Simple Storage Services (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Storage
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud
- Amazon Route 53
- Amazon Security, Identity and Access management
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- DevOps essentials – Build Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins
- AWS CloudFormation and OpsWorks
- Amazon CloudWatch
- Creating Automated and Repeatable deployments
- 6 weeks
- Each module lasts between 1½hr and 3 hours, excluding lab hours. Every module contains scenario based labs. Labs are for the trainees to do and get the results.
- 100% online and not self-paced as it is instructor led. Cross check your own convenience before joining the course.
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
There will be no exam and no grades. No certificates will be issued.