DevOps – Integrate to Grow and Succeed
By the end of this course, you will
- Gain clarity and certainty about DevOps.
- Learn how to integrate development and operations.
- Learn how to get more done while working in a cross functional team.
- Understand how DevOps helps you maintain or gain position in markets, in increasing customer value, and business returns.
- Acquire deeper understanding of DevOps by seeing its multidimensionality possibility of various current trends and practices in the IT world.
- Be able to discuss requirements, processes and benefits of adopting DevOps.
- Gain insight into preliminary steps for building a DevOps environment.
This course is designed for IT professionals with previous Systems administration experience. IT professionals with previous UNIX, Linux Administration experience, IT Operations or in Software Development can make best use of this course to grow in their roles.
This is an advanced course necessary for anyone to be competitive and gain an edge in delivering within short software deployment cycles.
This course demonstrates how to use the most common DevOps patterns to develop, deploy and maintain applications in on-premise and cloud infrastructure. This course covers the core principles of the Linux/Unix administration, DevOps methodology and examines a number of use cases applicable to startups, small and medium business and enterprise class environments.
This course is for anyone who
- Is interested in acquiring deeper knowledge about DevOps
- Wants to get their hands dirty and learn from doing and internalizing the culture of DevOps
- Is readying themselves to adopt a DevOps culture, wants to understand the costs and benefits involved in transforming into DevOps mode.
- Is a software developer, engineer, manager, consultant or anyone involved in application development
- Wants to grow in his or her roles and in their careers
- Wants to improve his or her IT Operations or Development teams
- Is an actor and stakeholder in companies dealing with IT management, professionals and consultants, process owners, dealing with managed IT services
Our experiences have shown us that the following would be helpful, though not mandatory. There are no formal prerequisites as such.
- Linux System Administration training, or previous Linux administration experience
- Software Development experience with Linux System Administration training
Laptop/ Desktop with the following minimum configuration or above:
- Latest version of Chrome, Safari, or Firefox
- Download +2 Mbps
- Upload 1 Mbps
- PC: Windows 7 or higher
- Mac: OS X 10.8 or higher
- Linux: Any distribution with latest Firefox browser
Webcam and Microphone are required for audio/video
- Self Discipline and commitment.
- Openness and willingness to learn. Daily practice is a must.
- Hard work is essential. Punctuality is expected.
Having knowledge and familiarity with:
- Basic knowledge of TCP/ IP
- Exposure to Operating System administration
- Familiarity with Vi/ Vim / Emacs Editor
- Install Apache and MySQL/MariaDB
- Cloud computing concepts (IAAS, PAAS & SAAS)
- DevOps essentials – Build Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Jenkins
- Install and Configure Ansible or Chef Configuration management (CM) tools
- Install and configure Git distributed version control system
- Develop Ansible playbooks to automate Linux maintenance tasks
- Install Apache using configuration management (CM) tool
- Launching instances in AWS cloud using AWS console, command line scripts & Configuration Management tool
- Deploy applications/content on on-premise and AWS
- Implement continuous development and deployment of test cases.
- Administering and automating infrastructure
- Docker concepts
- IT Service/Operations management concepts
- 6 weeks
- Each module lasts between 1½hr and 3 hours, excluding lab hours. Every module contains scenario based labs. Labs are for the trainees to do and get the results.
- 100% online and not self-paced as it is instructor led. Cross check your own convenience before joining the course.
- Presented via screensharing and a conference call line
There will be no exam and no grades. No certificates will be issued.